WASHINGTON – U.S. Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Mike Lee (R-UT), Chairwoman and Ranking Member of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Competition Policy, Antitrust, and Consumer Rights, announced the witnesses for the Subcommittee’s hearing titled “A Prescription for Change: Cracking Down on Anticompetitive Conduct in Prescription Drug Market” on Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 2:30pm ET.
Witnesses will include:
- Mr. Michael Kades – Director of Markets and Competition Policy Washington Center for Equitable Growth
- Mr. Alden Abbott – Senior Research Fellow at The Mercatus Center at George Mason University
- Mr. Geoffrey Levitt – Counsel at DLA Piper, appearing on behalf of Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- Dr. Rachel Moodie – Vice President of Head of Legal and Intellectual Property at Biosimilars Fresenius Kabi
- Mr. David Mitchell – Founder and President at Patients for Affordable Drugs
The hearing will focus on skyrocketing drug prices in America’s pharmaceutical industry and explore how anticompetitive conduct affects pharmaceutical costs, innovation, and patients’ access to critical medicines. The hearing will examine how antitrust reforms can address competition problems in this industry.
# # #