WASHINGTON – U.S. Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Mike Lee (R-UT), Chairwoman and Ranking Member of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Competition Policy, Antitrust, and Consumer Rights, announced the witness list for the Subcommittee’s hearing titled “Big Data, Big Questions: Implications for Competition and Consumers.” The hearing will be held tomorrow, September 21, at 2:30pm ET.
Witnesses will include:
- Mr. Steve Satterfield – Vice President, Privacy & Public Policy at Facebook, Inc.
- Mr. Markham Erickson – Vice President of Government Affairs and Public Policy at Google, Inc
- Ms. Sheila Colclasure – Global Chief Digital Responsibility and Public Policy Officer at IPG Kinesso
- Mr. John Robb – Author of The Global Guerrillas Report
- Ms. Charlotte Slaiman – Competition Policy Director at Public Knowledge
The hearing will explore how data collection by tech companies and data brokers impacts competition and consumer choice, the relationship between competition and privacy, and the real cost of the modern data economy.
# # #